Emergency Contraception Training Program
About this Course
This home-study course has been developed to meet the California State Board of Pharmacy requirement to prescribe or furnish emergency contraception pills (levonorgestrel/Plan B and ulipristal acetate/Ella) per statewide protocol.
This course will present the background, review of methods, protocol procedures, product selection, patient education, and resources for both pharmacists and patients. This course is intended for pharmacists who plan to furnish contraceptives directly to patients. It is estimated to take one hour to complete the course, assessment, and evaluation — all online. Earn up to 1 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit.
Registration & Course Fee
Cyber week deal — 40% off all courses! Our best deal!
The course registration fee is
$50 $30 for pharmacists and $35 $21 for others.
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Furnish all forms of all oral emergency contraception to patients under statewide protocol.
- Select the most appropriate emergency contraceptive product based on patient characteristics.
- Provide evidence-based patient education on emergency contraception.
- Pharmacist Specialist, UC San Diego Health
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (w/s)
- Founder and Advanced Practice Pharmacist, The Pharmacists Clinic
- Founder, Birth Control Pharmacist
Completing the Course
Please follow the button below to register and complete the course. Once you register, you will receive an email with a link to the course video and materials.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through the joint providership of Southeastern CME and Birth Control Pharmacist. Southeastern Continuing Medical Education Consultants, LLC (Southeastern CME) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable.