Online Home Study Course
About this Course
Pharmacy staff are responsible for providing reproductive health products including pregnancy tests, nonhormonal contraception, emergency contraception, hormonal contraception, and other prescription medications. Further, in selected states, pharmacists may prescribe and/or dispense hormonal contraceptives under collaborative practice agreements, statewide protocol, or standing order. Additional training during this course will allow these services to be provided without bias or stigma, along with external referrals when indicated.
Note: There is no CPE credit available for this course.
Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
Registration & Course Fee
This activity is supported by Provide Inc.
- Pharmacists, no CPE credit $10
- Pharmacy students/others $10
Lecture presentation with interactive activities.
Handouts available for download:
Birth Control Pharmacist Webinar – Meeting Reproductive Health Needs at the Pharmacy
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- List key facts related to unintended pregnancy and barriers to reproductive health services.
- Describe how to provide pharmacy environments, information, and clinical services without stigma.
- Provide supportive, thorough, active, and high-quality referrals for external reproductive health services, including contraception and positive pregnancy tests.
- Identify regional resources for comprehensive services for contraception and unintended pregnancies.
- List key facts related to unintended pregnancy and barriers to reproductive health services
- Describe how to provide pharmacy environments and information without stigma.
- Identify regional resources for comprehensive services for contraception and unintended pregnancies.Discuss the scope and impact of unintended pregnancy and barriers to contraceptive use.
Sally Rafie, PharmD, BCPS, APh, NCMP, FCCP
- Pharmacist Specialist, UC San Diego Health
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (w/s)
- Founder and Advanced Practice Pharmacist, The Pharmacists Clinic
- Founder, Birth Control Pharmacist
- Trainer and Outreach Coordinator, Provide Inc
Faculty and Program Planning Committee Disclosures
Sally Rafie, PharmD serves as a Clinical Advisory Board Member for Afaxys, Inc and Speaker for Therapeutics MD. All other individuals involved in the development of this material declare no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this activity, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria.
Completing the Course
After registration for this activity, you will receive an email with the course login. Retain this email for access to the course.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable.
To schedule a live web-based training session, contact us.