ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSE
About this Course
This course has been developed to promote pharmacist and other clinician interventions into address gaps in care during pregnancy and between pregnancies. The goal of this educational program is to increase participant knowledge and comfort around pharmacologic interventions for healthy pregnancies in order to empower them to change behaviors, provide direct clinical services, and ultimately improve patient outcomes.
This course is intended for pharmacists who practice in a variety of settings, including, but not limited to, community pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, acute care, and ambulatory care, as well as physicians, physician assistants, nurse midwives, nurses, and students.
Earn up to 1 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit.
Registration & Course Fee
This activity has been supported by funding from March of Dimes.
- Pharmacists, with CPE credit $25
- Pharmacists, no CPE credit $10
- Physicians, nurses, students, others $10
TYPE OF CPE ACTIVITY
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define preeclampsia and its impact in term and preterm patients.
- Identify when a patient meets criteria for preeclampsia prevention.
- Discuss safety of low dose aspirin during pregnancy.
- Explain interpregnancy interval recommendations and importance.
- Apply considerations for use of various contraceptive methods in the postpartum period.
Lauren Leader, PharmD, BCPS
Clinical Pharmacist, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns
Sally Rafie, PharmD, BCPS, APh, NCMP, FCCP, FCPhA
- Pharmacist Specialist, UC San Diego Health
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (w/s)
- Advanced Practice Pharmacist, The Pharmacists Clinic
- Founder and Consultant, Birth Control Pharmacist
FACULTY AND PROGRAM PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
Sally Rafie, PharmD serves as a Clinical Advisory Board Member for Afaxys, Inc and Speaker for Therapeutics MD. All other individuals involved in the development of this material declare no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this activity, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria.
COMPLETING THE COURSE & OBTAINING CREDIT
Please follow the button below to register and complete the course. Once you register, you will receive an email with a link to the webinar and course materials.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through the joint providership of University Learning Systems and Birth Control Pharmacist. University Learning Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Universal Activity Numbers are: 0741-9999-22-025-H01-P. This program provides 1 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists. No fractional hours of credit will be given.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable.