- Ohio Northern University
- Credit: 1 hour (0.1 CEU) ACPE
- Fee: Free for all
- Authors: Dr. Natalie DiPietro Mager and Dr. David Bright
- Expiration: June 30, 2018
- Learning Objectives:
- Define preconception care.
- Discuss the need for preconception care.
- Explain preconception care interventions that may be provided by a community pharmacist.
- Describe how preconception care may be provided to patients via medication therapy management.
- Preconception/interconception care clinical toolkit for providers
- DiPietro Mager NA. Fulfilling an unmet need: roles for clinical pharmacists in preconception care. Pharmacotherapy. 2016. 36(2):141-151.
- DiPietro NA, Bright DR. Medication therapy management and preconception care: opportunities for pharmacist intervention. Innovations in Pharmacy. 2014. 5(1):1-9.
- Gabby is a virtual patient advocate
- Designed to help young African American women improve their preconception health status
Patient Education Materials
- National campaign designed to promote wellbeing and support young women and men as they strive to achieve their goals and make healthy lifestyle choices today.