Online Home Study Course
About this Course
There have been several new hormonal contraceptives approved recently.
The goal of this accredited continuing pharmacy education activity is to increase participant knowledge and comfort with counseling and prescribing new hormonal contraceptives.
Earn up to 1 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of ACPE-accredited continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit.
Join our email list to be notified of other live and home study programs.
Registration & Course Fee
This activity has been supported through an educational grant from TherapeuticsMD and free registration is available for the first 400 participants.
- Pharmacists, not claiming CPE credit – FREE
- Pharmacists, claiming CPE credit – FREE
- Pharmacy students/others – FREE
Type of CPE Activity
Lecture presentation with interactive patient case scenarios.
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe key differences between new hormonal contraceptives, including hormone pharmacology, hormonal effects, duration of use, and administration.
- Provide accurate patient education regarding new hormonal contraceptives.
- Recommend or prescribe new hormonal contraceptives based on individual patient circumstances.
- Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Midwestern University College of Pharmacy
- Consultant, Birth Control Pharmacist
Program Planning Committee
- Pharmacist Specialist, UC San Diego Health
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (w/s)
- Founder and Advanced Practice Pharmacist, The Pharmacists Clinic
- Founder, Birth Control Pharmacist
Jennifer Courtney, PharmD
- Assistant Professor, California Northstate University College of Pharmacy
Spencer A. Morris, PharmD, BCPS
- President, Southeastern CME
Faculty and Program Planning Committee Disclosures
Sally Rafie, PharmD serves as a Clinical Advisory Board Member for Afaxys, Inc and Speaker for TherapeuticsMD. All other individuals involved in the planning and development of this accredited CPE activity declare no conflicts of interest or financial interests or endorsement of any product or service mentioned in this educational activity, including employment, gifts, stock holding and/or honoraria.
Completing the Course & Obtaining Credit
After registration for this activity, you will receive an email with the course login. Retain this email for access to the course and credit completion.
Activity Release Date
February 10, 2021
Activity Expiration Date
February 10, 2024
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through the joint providership of Southeastern CME and Birth Control Pharmacist. Southeastern Continuing Medical Education Consultants, LLC (Southeastern CME) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Universal Activity Numbers are: 0499-9999-21-006-H01-P. This program provides 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists. No fractional hours of credit will be given.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable.
To schedule a live web-based training session, contact us.