- Eligibility to use various contraceptive methods for selected medical conditions and patient characteristics
- Missed pill instructions
- Guidance for contraceptive management issues
Providing birth control directly to patients? List your practice on the Bedsider Health Center Locator Tool to make it easier for patients to find you.
Selling, dispensing, and/or prescribing emergency contraception? List your pharmacy or practice on the Bedsider Emergency Contraception Locator Tool to make it easier for patients to find you.
- Pharmacist protocol to furnish ulipristal and levonorgestrel emergency contraceptive pills
- Patient fact sheets
- Pharmacist protocol to furnish self-administered hormonal contraceptives
- Patient self-screening tool
- Pharmacist authority to order and interpret drug therapy-related tests
- Pharmacist authority to furnish self-administered hormonal contraception
- Pharmacist authority to furnish travel medications
- Pharmacist authority to furnish nicotine replacement products and smoking cessation services
- Pharmacist authority to initiate and admnister immunizations/vaccines to patients ≥ 3 years of age
- Advanced Practice Pharmacist recognition and authority for advanced pharmacy practice
- Pharmacist authority to furnish contraceptive patches and self-administered oral contraceptives
Contraception Coverage by Insurers
- Articles to keep you up to date with clinical issues
- Appointment reminders for patients
- Patient education materials available online and in print
Pharmacist Continuing Education
Self-Administered Hormonal Contraception: Pharmacist Protocol Basics available online from Birth Control Pharmacist, Pharmacist Planning Services Inc, and the Marin County Pharmacists Association. Fee is $129 for this 2 hour CAPE-approved CE activity.
Emergency Contraception: Clinical Aspects and Patient Care available online from ProCE, Inc. No fees for participating in this 1.0 hour ACPE-approved CE activity.
Pharmacist-Furnished Hormonal Contraception available online from the California Pharmacists Association. Fee is $279 for this 2 hour ACPE-approved CE activity.
Comprehensive Contraception Education and Training for the Prescribing Pharmacist by Oregon State University. Fee is $250 for this 5 hour ACPE-approved CE activity.
Physicians for Reproductive Health’s Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health Education Program includes 20 modules and standard case videos