Online Home Study Course
About this Course
COVID-19 requires modifications to pharmacy operations and clinical services.
The goal of this educational program is to increase participant knowledge and comfort with providing contraception care, including prescribing hormonal contraception, in community pharmacy practice settings during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Earn up to 1 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of ACPE-accredited continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit.
Join our email list to be notified of other live and home study programs.
Registration & Course Fee
This activity has been supported through an education grant from Exeltis, Inc.
- Pharmacists, no CPE credit $10
- Pharmacists, with CPE credit $25
- Pharmacy students/others $10
Type of CPE Activity
Lecture presentation with interactive activities.
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on access to reproductive health services.
- Compare pharmacist contraception prescribing protocols with national guidelines for contraception care during COVID-19.
- Determine which contraceptive methods can be safely provided using no-touch or telehealth visits.
- Adapt existing protocols for contraception prescribing during COVID-19 to telehealth-based models.
- Pharmacist Specialist, UC San Diego Health
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (w/s)
- Founder and Advanced Practice Pharmacist, The Pharmacists Clinic
- Founder, Birth Control Pharmacist
Jennifer Karlin, MD, PhD
- Assistant Professor and Associate Director, Predoctoral Education Program, Department of Family & Community Medicine, UC Davis
Sonya Frausto, PharmD
- Pharmacist-in-Charge, Ten Acres Pharmacy
Program Planning Committee
Jennefer Russo, MD, MPH
- Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Harbor-UCLA
- Associate Professor, UC Irvine School of Medicine
Spencer A. Morris, PharmD, BCPS
- President, Southeastern CME
Faculty and Program Planning Committee Disclosures
Sally Rafie, PharmD serves as a Clinical Advisory Board Member for Afaxys, Inc and Speaker for Therapeutics MD. All other individuals involved in the development of this material declare no conflicts of interest or financial interests in any product or service mentioned in this activity, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria.
Completing the Course & Obtaining Credit
After registration for this activity, you will receive an email with the course login. Retain this email for access to the course and credit completion.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through the joint providership of Southeastern CME and Birth Control Pharmacist. Southeastern Continuing Medical Education Consultants, LLC (Southeastern CME) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Universal Activity Numbers are: 0499-9999-20-014-H01-P. This program provides 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists. No fractional hours of credit will be given.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable.
To schedule a live web-based training session, contact us.